The Good Dinosaur ★★★

👌🏻62%
Pixar Ranked - Click HERE
Pixar Tier list video - Click HERE

With a Pixar Tier list to be made, I had to watch the final movie remaining. This is one that I have pushed off for so long because I was never interested. Whether it was word of mouth or just the lack of that Pixar feel; I was hesitant to watch it. I did not want it to fall into the Cars 2 category of being lame. Thankfully, I didn’t find it lame and actually found it charming. My issue is the lack of a compelling story. Pixar rarely misses on that front but this film never did anything to make me feel like it was necessary. I don’t think it was awful by any stretch of the imagination and it holds nice lessons for kids.

It’s all about being big-minded while you are small-statured. The goal is to prove your worth with our lead character and so many people need a story like this. It just doesn’t measure up (pun inteded) to the level of these other Pixar outings. It also drags at points and the familiarity hurts it. That being said, this is one of the most visually stunning movies they have done. The backgrounds are Coco level good and it will never get the credit it deserves for that. I love the photorealistic route that Pixar is going down. I do wish this could have been a theatrical experience but I am glad I finally got to see it. It is free on Starz.

🔙Beats (Netflix)