Jurassic Park ★★★★★

I don't think there's ever been a dinosaur movie as good as Jurassic Park. And it's also my favorite movie directed by Steven Spielberg. The director did an amazing job when making this and I'm very glad he gave us this film. There's just so much to love about it.

Jurassic Park pushed the boundaries of special effects. The CGI in the movie is out of this world, it looks even better than that of a lot of modern films. But it actually uses more practical effects than computer-generated imagery and that really benefited the movie.

Though the movie does have amazing effects, it has much more than that. It has great acting and great characters that you actually care about and want to survive. In fact since the characters are so interesting and likable, it doesn't bother me that the dinosaurs don't actually break out until about halfway through the movie. And it has great cinematography, spectacular directing and an amazing score, with a very iconic theme song.

The movie is based on the book of the same name by Michael Crichton, which I did read after seeing the movie. While there are several things from the book removed, such as a few sub-plots, the movie still followed the story and was able to capture the feel of the book, basically it did what an adaptation is supposed to do.

Jurassic Park is an absolute must-see and if you somehow still haven't this movie, what are you doing?! Go pick this film up and watch it right now!