No One Lives ★★★★

This is such an entertaining movie that plays with the typical conventions of the genre and shows you that things aren't always as they seem. It's starts out like a fairly conventional horror movie, a young couple (Luke Evans and Laura Ramsey) appear to be on their way to start a new life in another part of the country when they are carjacked by a gang of murderous thieves who see an easy score Things take a quick turn however when it's revealed that Luke Evans nameless character is no ordinary Joe but a psychopathic serial killer and the gang of unwitting criminals soon become the hunted in a deadly game of cat and mouse.
The big twist in this film comes within the first 20 minutes and is heavily sign posted from the very beginning so I've not really spoiled anything here, the fun comes when the killings start. This is almost like a reverse slasher film as I found myself cheering the Evans character on as he brutally slices his way through the annoying criminals one by one finding some inventive ways to dispose of them.
Evans seems to be in his element here as the philosophy quoting psychopath, all deadpan quips and cold eyed stares There's also a final girl type character played by Adelaide Clemens who's also really good, she has a bit of gumption about her and is the only real character to root for in a film populated with some real scum. Of the gang of criminals it's always good to see Lee Tergesen pop up in any role while Derek Magyar also puts in a decent performance as the token hot-head.
This is definitely one of the better movies brought to us by WWE Studios, with some real standout bloody scenes, I particularly liked the part where Evans character hides himself in a dead body or the scene where he slits his own jugular, both are pretty memorable. It also has a clever script and although some of the dialogue is a little clunky and some of the supporting players are a bit wooden (especially obligatory wrestler Brodus Clay but at least he looks the part), it's easy to forgive when the film is this much fun.