A Trip to the Moon ★★★★★

Well it has been 50 films since I watched The Tree Of Life, that means A Trip To The Moon has the special priveledge of being film #750 in my lifetime. The reason I picked it is somewhat simple. I wanted to watch a film that IS cinema.
Why? All my life I have been looking for a hobby. There was sports, video games, music, etc, but a little over a year ago I found THE hobby for me...movies. There just seems to be something more reflective, artistic, beautiful, iconic, interesting, and magical in cinema than any other art I have experienced. And yes A Trip To The Moon sums up the wonder of film. You can't help but feel a sense of triumph when you witness something truly original in the medium of film, I don't think A Trip To a The Moon has a single frame that lacks that spark of cinematic wonderment. I think the first films in the history of the medium have a unidentifiable quality that makes them seem familiar, I don't know what it is but truly great films seem like a leap forward into the never-before-seen and yet simultaneously somewhere you love that you've been before. Ahh it is cinema...

“The cinema substitutes for our gaze a world more in harmony with our desires.”- André Bazin