Tourist Trap ★★★½

Just learned about the whole revival of Joe Bob Briggs on Shudder... Just picked up a Shudder account... Will be reviewing a LOT of the movies featured on those series over the next good while.

ANYWAY

I've actually been meaning to watch this one for a while (whether or not Joe Bob Briggs was involved). Really glad I finally did.

Features TWO way-better-than-they-should-be-for-this-kind-of-film ("this-kind-of-film" meaning something produced by Charles Band) performances from Chuck Connors and Jocelyn Jones.

Mannequins can either be cheesy, or (when well done) genuinely freaky and weird. Thankfully this falls into the latter category.

The movie overall didn't really *scare* me, but it did have a really nice, unsettling feel throughout.

Tanya Roberts is such a freaking babe. Criminy, I feel a Beastmaster re-watch happening soon!

I really cannot stress how well-done and distressing the mannequin stuff in this movie is.

FINALLY (the only real spoiler)

The final freeze frame of Molly with the jeep full of mannequins of her friends is now one of my favorite horror movie endings ever.