The Order ★★★★★

When we look at lepers, we look at a mirror and deny the fact. Throughout history, lepers have been dehumanized to the form of a living plague with no human condition, a means of sensationalization and fabrication of lies to sell reactions instead of unbiased information. The poetess Farrokzhad, a legendary female figure of the Iranian New Wave, changed the face of documentary cinema forever in 1963, and fused poetry with a physical portrait of ugliness, of unnatural disfigurement. She presented a humanistic perspective to contemplate things with. It's one of the most important humanism testaments ever made against irrational fears and intolerance.

Pollet always was reflexive, poetic and impressionistic, and shot sequences in cycles: he repeats images, shots, goes back and forth, travels through a long alley or road and, in the same shot, purposefully turns back and walks through it all the way back. Cycles are the main components of Pollet's impressionism pathos, but for every repeated shot, for every frame he freezes intentionally to make a pause and leave the mind thinking and the ears listening more attentively, the reflection is different tan during the images' first occurrence.

L'Ordre is Pollet's essay about exclusion and alienation, and Raimondakis is the true reflection of the mirror we look at, but deny watching. Emphaszing hus human condition and that of the community, his words are enough to condemn and harshly criticize, with undebatable arguments, "the social sickness" that leads to discrimination and reclusion, of literal imprisonment of social outcasts that provide fear towards people for unjustified and, more than often, imaginary reasons, due to our paranoid mental imprisonment. Despite science evolving and making new findings about hereditary conditions and sensitivity to sicknesses, these people were condemned for life.

We have somehow progressed in this field towards people that suffer from contagious sicknesses; now "some" people are capable of doing humanitary work and hugging AIDS patients. Nevertheless, the stigma must be removed. Either extreme pity or absolute aversion are extremes we should avoid: we are still dealing with a human being.

98/100