• Sofia Celeste

★★★★½

the fact that she killed multiple men but didn't shot the dog <3

• andré

★★★½

THANA MATOU FOI POUCO!!! no começo eu achei que seria mais um filme básico e é, pra nossa época, mas imagina esse filme nos anos 80? mind-blowing as f***
    e sim matar homens ok matar animais nada ok

• .

SEDUÇÃO E VINGANÇA-COMPLETO
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvS9pFO3X-I&t=80s

• Vasdrian

★★★

Of course I support men's rights. Men's rights to shut the fuck up.

• Chloe Spears

★★★½

I didn't immediately like this as much as everyone else seems to, but it's growing on me.

The premise is a compelling twist on Repulsion, replacing a breakdown reflected inward with one reflected outward. I find it really interesting the way Abel Ferrara plays with audience sympathies here, moving from self-defense to accident to revenge to murder for its own sake. And, just to really rub it in, near the end he plays a joke on us with the oldest…

• TDog_JMoney

★★★★

“What is this, the zoo?”-Laurie

Rape/revenge film by Abel Ferrara.  While the rape scenes seem tame (feels weird to say) compared to “ I Spit on Your Grave”, they are very uncomfortable to watch.  The thing about these type of films is that you want the revenge to be satisfying.  While Thana does get her vengeance, her revenge ultimately turns to blind rage.  New York City looks absolutely filthy, and adds to the dirty theme of the film.  The acting is ok.  For a 70’s film, it has relevance today.  I kept asking myself, “should I be watching this?”.  Check it out.         8/10

• 198noise

Just wow.

• TajLV

★★★½

Part of my 5 Directors x 5 Unseen Films (22) challenge.

For his sophomore effort, Bronx-born director Abel Ferrara takes us to New York's garment district for a crime thriller that stars Zoë Lund as a shy, mute seamstress named Thana. Because the primary character is speechless, dialog is sparse and visual elements take command as we witness Thana's transformation from faceless rape victim into a cold-blooded serial killer.

Nothing about Thana stands out initially. She wears dowdy clothes and…

• Fabian

★★★½

I usually have a hard time finding anything worthwhile in exploitation thrillers, but Abel Ferrara's Ms. 45 revealed itself as a worthy exception to me. Well-paced, thrilling and, honestly, completely horrifying from the shocking beginning to its brutal climax, this film makes effective use of its short runtime and manages to induce its length with many worthwhile and interesting themes.

• sarah

sister

• kuntsuragi

★★★★

happy to say this movie won me over after the old lady with her shopping cart said “all women do is laugh and sing and say the word pussy”

• Kaliofthedolls

★★★★★

Two eggs are boiling in a pot and they say how do they expect us to get hard in 3 minutes when we just got laid?

Primarily put this on because I knew I’d get a good soundtrack, and the darkness I’m craving tonight.
    Now *this* I can relate to.

Ugh so magnificent.
    I kind of want to wear my nun habit and red lipstick all over town forever and ever amen and can it all be over soon?
    Seriously…