All That Jazz ★★★★★

WOW! This fucking movie!

This movie was something I put on with my friend, Josh, because I had it on Criterion and wanted to give it a try. I was not expecting to see one of the best movies ever!!!!

Every single performance is absolutely to die for. There are two scenes when Roy Scheider is talking to someone via a dance warmup and it’s the most beautiful acting I’ve ever seen. Scheider is a god! No doubt no doubt.

The editing is fucking magical. It has rhythm like no other movie I’ve seen. It’s highlights the best moments and every shot is filled with yummy yummy movie! Insane!

Don’t get me started on those god damn sets! The “I Think I’m Gonna Die” sequence was endlessly psychedelic and endlessly jaw-dropping.

And then there’s the music! Fosse has interwoven the most insane musical numbers without force feeding them to you. He really went all out. And the dancing that goes with it is really something. Really something, I’ll tell you.

Loved this. Loved it loved it loved it. Cannot wait to watch Fosse’s other 2 movies from the 70’s!