this was the first ever movie i watched in a cinema, my aunt thought it would terrify me into being a good kid but all it did was fuel my mischievousness and instill a love of movies in me. so even though we all know this movie is kinda bad, it still holds a special place in my heart lmao
the good :
• i love how there’s a bit of steampunk elements incorporated in the set design and costumes.
• the machine cities kinda remind me of howls moving castle and the cgi for it is incredible imo.
• hugo weaving, hera hilmar and robert sheehan. 💯💯💯
the bad :
• the plot, dialogue and character backstories were really weak and i’m still not entirely sure why Thaddeus Valentine did what he did.
• the romance between Hester and Tom
• minion deities ??? lmao was that necessary
• the romance between Hester and Tom 😡