Blindspotting ★★★★★

Weekly Film Club Vol. 14

Blindspotting sits very high up on my list of my favorite films of 2018. Right now it is sitting right below first place, which Suspiria still has a tight grip on. But oh boy did I enjoy Blindspotting a whole lot on my second time around. The acting is fantastic, and Rafael Casal and Daveed Diggs being best friends in real life adds so much to their on screen chemistry together. The supporting cast is great as well, but when scenes where just the two leads are involved happens, you know you are in for a ride.

Blindspotting is able to have great messages of progressiveness, love, and compassion, all while being incredibly tense in some parts and incredibly funny in others. One of my favorite more comedic scenes is when Rafael's character is trying to sell a boat to a man. He has such great delivery when he puts on his salesman persona it is fascinating.

The imagery has some top tier moments in the film as well. Daveed Diggs running through a graveyard, running from the black lives that have been lost. Dreaming of being locked up again, merely because him being black is seen as a threat to so many. And the film culminates in an extremely powerful rap in the face of great danger. Awe inspiring film that succeeds in every way imaginable.

London liked these reviews