Opera ★★★★

This film is considerably faster paced than some of Argento's other movies, but it still has that trademark atmosphere and flair. Argento also has a tendency to make the murders and situations in his movies a little farfetched, sometimes they even come off as funny. It’s all a matter of opinion, I suppose- some might see the schlockiness of the films and see them as cheesy and ridiculous. But for me, those bizarre aspects are exactly why I keep coming back to Argento. He’s a director that knows how to keep you guessing, even if his films are unpolished and at times they feel cheap or ridiculous.  Argento isn’t trying to make a realistic thriller that’s grounded in reality; he’s trying to entertain you. You might think you know what’s going to happen next but half the time the actuality is infinitely more absurd than anything you might imagine.
For our full review of Opera visit www.truemythmedia.com/true-myth-media/reviews/opera
For hundreds of other reviews, articles, and podcast episodes visit TrueMythMedia.com!